I'm always looking for hearty lunches to make! This quinoa salad is a twist on a Greek salad. Extremely simple, healthy, and filling, you definitely won't be hungry till dinner time. Load this power lunch up with cucumbers and tomatoes and whatever else you like!
1) For every one dry cup of quinoa add 1 1/4 cup of water and two tablespoons of oil. Boil and let the quinoa cook at a medium high temperature. (I like my quinoa with a bit of crunch so as soon as it absorbs the water, I take it off the stove.)
2) Halve and slice persian cucumbers (or english cucumbers),
tomatoes on the vine, avocado. Add to a large bowl. Keep the quinoa separate.
3) Sprinkle Feta cheese and add a handful
of pitted oil cured olives.
4) Add the quinoa to the vegetables.
5) Then stir in a dash of Cayenne pepper, salt,
and freshly squeezed lemon.
*1 cup of quinoa has double the amount of protein than a cup of brown rice. It also has 5 grams of fiber while 1 cup of brown rice has only 3.5 grams of fiber.