Pie Crust ingredients
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick (8tbsp) margarine or butter, cut into 1/4 inch pieces and chilled
4-6 tbsp. ice water
2 c. confectioners' sugar
3/4 c. margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
4 medium bananas, sliced and sprinkled with lemon juice
chocolate syrup & caramel syrup
(for 9-inch pie)
1. Process flour, sugar, and salt together in food processor until combined, about 5 seconds. scatter 3 tablespoons over top and process until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, about 10 seconds. Scatter remaining margarine over top and pulse mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs, about 10 pulses.
2. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Sprinkle 4 tablespoons ice water over mixture. Stir and press dough together, using stiff rubber spatula, until dough sticks together. If dough does not come together, stir in remaining ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Turn dough onto sheet of plastic wrap and flatten into 4-inch disk. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour. before rolling dough out, let it sit on counter to soften slightly, about 10 minutes.
If frozen, let dough thaw completely on counter before rolling out.
4. Bake crust on 375° for 25-30 minutes. Until dough looks dry. Let pie crust completely cool before adding filling.
1. Beat eggs at high speed with an electric mixer for 4 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar, margarine, and vanilla; beat for 5 minutes.
2. Spread mixture over crust and chill for 30 minutes. Top with crushed pineapple and bananas. Cover with whipped cream, sprinkle with nuts; drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrup.