The trick to making the perfect cauliflower pizza is getting the cooked riced cauliflower as dry as possible before combining it with other ingredients; this includes straining it through a sieve and a kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Kneading the cauliflower well with your hands will also make it more like a pizza dough- easier to spread and hold together.
1 head cauliflower, riced
1 large egg
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp chili flakes
2 tsp oregano
salt and pepper
toppings (sliced onion, hot peppers, tomatoes etc)
Butternut squash, sliced
2 tsp hot paprika
nonstick spray/ extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Pour riced cauliflower in a medium pot with hot water. Cover and cook on a high flame for 8 minutes. Drain the cauliflower in a sieve. Place the cauliflower in a large kitchen towel and continue to squeeze out all liquid.
2. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the cheese, egg, and spices. Form a dough by using your hands to knead the mixture into a ball.
3. Spray a 10" pizza pan and evenly press out dough, making sure it is evenly spread.
4. Bake crust for 20 minutes until it is crisp. (you can flip crust to evenly brown the pie)
5.Spoon sauce, toppings, and cheese, and bake for 15 minutes until sizzling and oozing.
6. Toss butternut squash with seasonings and lay on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until crisp and golden.