Who doesn't crave a good burger?
Loaded with all the toppings and in a good hefty bun?
I wanted a burger but I couldn't bring myself to make the whopper I had been dreaming of- because it was full of fattening toppings and had to be eaten with crispy french fries. We had just bought Ezekiel burger buns and I figured why not make a Tuna steak burger instead?? It was perfection. I was jumping around my apartment after the first bite screaming, "Get out of here!!"
Full of protein, and fresh flavor there were no greasy finger tips, or heavy stomach to feel guilty about after. As for the Fries, I made Naked Sweet Potato Fries instead!
1) Wash and dry fresh sushi grade tuna steaks.
Rub in extra virgin olive oil, Sea salt, and Black pepper.
2) Grill or sear on high heat for one minute on each side.
3) Toast an Ezekiel burger bun to your liking and then top one side with
4) Cut a perfect circle out of your hot and freshly grilled or seared tuna steak. Place on top (as seen above).
5) Slice English cucumbers thinly and top your tuna steak burger with four or five slices.
6) add Tabasco sauce and wasabi sauce to the other side of your bun.
7) Grill red onions on a skillet to your liking and add them to your burger.
8) Close and eat!
The Tuna Steak Burger is great with a side of Naked Sweet Potato Fries
and Mango Guacamole